Everyone in our digital world utilizes papers. Students, instructors, small workplaces, corporations, no one can escape using papers. Occasionally we only need a plain word document, and in other situations, we need a fillable PDF form to gather data or for some other reason.
Most of you may be thinking, “This is so simple; why do we need an article?” This is relatively simple work if you know how to convert Word to a fillable PDF, but it is a highly time-consuming process if you don’t. So I am going to cover different techniques to convert word files to fillable PDFs.
Sometimes you may encounter errors when working with a Word file, which might be the result of the document being damaged. Use the Word repair tool to fix the issues and work with your documents without problem.
Method 1: Convert Word to Fillable PDF Using Adobe Acrobat
If you want to convert Word to fillable PDF using Adobe Acrobat, follow the below step by step process:
Step 1: Open the document on your device to transform it into a fillable PDF.
Step 2:Now, click File> print to complete the process. Make sure Adobe PDF is chosen from the drop-down menu.
Step 3: You’ll be asked where you want to save your File. You can select either the desktop or the documents folder. Your computer will automatically build a basic PDF file when you pick the location. To continue working, you employ the Adobe Acrobat editing program.
Step 4:We have a simple PDF file in Adobe Acrobat. Now issue the command to create a fillable PDF form. Thennavigate to Tools > Forms. Now click the Create button.
Step 5:Once you click on the create button, the editing application will take you through a few primary stages. First, you must choose current papers, followed by future papers. On the following screen, you will select the option to utilize the most recent documents, followed by the next.
Step 6:After that, Adobe will attempt to create a fillable PDF form.
Method 2: Creating Fillable PDF Using Ms Office Word
With the updated version of Microsoft Office 2010 or later, you may quickly convert Word to PDF by completing the following steps:
Step 1: Open your MS Office file and then select File> Save As.
Step 2: In the resulting box, select PDF as the file type and then hit Save.
However, if the versions of Microsoft Office is outdated, you will need to perform different steps:
Step 1:Open your MS Office file and then select File, Export, and Create PDF/XPS.
Step 2:In the Publish as PDF or XPS window, pick options if the MS Office document’s attributes contain information you do not want to be in the PDF. Then, choose the document and uncheck “Document Attributes.” Make the necessary adjustments, and then click “OK.”
Step 3:Browse to the location where you want to save the File and then tap on Publish.
Method 3: Convert Word to Fillable PDF Online Free
If you want to convert Word to pdf from online, go for a PDF converter and perform the following steps.
Step 1:Navigate to the free pdf converter and click the “Select File” button. Tap on that icon to navigate to your computer and select the Word document you want to convert.
Step 2: Once the File has adequately been uploaded, navigate to the “Convert to” option and ensure that the PDF is chosen. Once you’ve confirmed that, click “Convert” to begin the process.
Why Online Word to PDF Converters Are Not the Best?
While free online PDF makers can perform a good job, they have limits that make them unsuitable.
- They apply many restrictions; for example, most online programs will only enable you to work on PDF files with specified sizes or pages.
- They lack security. When you engage in your fillable PDF online, the document is stored on a third-party server. This implies you have no control over who can read the files.
- You cannot create fillable PDF files online if you do not have internet access. Furthermore, if your connection is sluggish, you will waste a lot of time.
- Reduced customization choices provided and incorporating all of your desired features on the editable PDF file may be impossible.
- To provide you with a fillable PDF file, the online tool will ask you to input your email. This puts you at risk of receiving fraudulent marketing emails.
However, you can get rid of all these issues by using an offline PDF tool. Here we have multiple applications that offer excellent results to make fillable PDF files.
Method 4: How to Make a PDF Fillable if It’s not Editable?
PDF WIZ simplifies the process of converting PDF to Word. PDF WIZ doesn’t affect the document’s integrity throughout the conversion process; the output Word file will be of the same standard as the input file.
PDF Wiz has no restrictions when referring to PDF conversions — the application’s batch functionality helps convert multiple PDFs in one go. To help you determine if PDF WIZ is the best answer for your PDF-related issues, the team behind PDF WIZ allows you to utilize all of the tool’s functions for free at first. The trial period will enable you to determine if upgrading to the premium version is worthwhile.
Three simple steps to make PDF fillable
Step 1:Install PDF WIZ on your PC after downloading it. To begin, launch the tool.
Free DownloadSecure Download
Step 2:From the main screen, select “Convert PDF to.” Drag and drop the PDF file you want to modify into the document, then pick “Word” underneath the document. Choose your desired Word format, and then click the “Editability First” button to the right of the “Convert Mode” button.
Step 3:Select a folder where you want to save the converted File to the right of “Saved in.” Finally, press the CONVERT NOW button. The translated document must be completely editable.
Please keep in mind that PDF WIZ supports all PDF-related functions. In addition to conversion, you can use it to combine, compress, divide, add/remove passwords, extract photos, and so forth. PDF WIZ is the epitome of an “all-in-one” PDF utility.
Method 5:How to Create Fillable PDF on Mac
This conversion method is also applicable on Mac machines only. If you haven’t updated Mojave on your Mac, you may use the Preview app to make your PDF fillable. Preview software is included within the Mac computer. To make a PDF fillable without converting software, use Preview and follow the procedures below:
Step 1:Locate the PDF file on your computer, right-click it, and select Open with > Preview.
Step 2:From the Preview menu, select Tools > Annotate > Text.
Step 3: A little box with the word “Text” within it will appear. Drag it to the location where you want to add text. You may also adjust the box to fit the design of the PDF. Once you’re satisfied with the box’s positioning, begin typing in the information you wish to include.
Step 4:To alter the color, size, or text font, click the slant A symbol on the toolbar’s far-right. It should open a specific styling option that changes the look of the text to match your requirements.
Why Creating Fillable PDF from Word?
You finally know how to convert any word document into a fillable PDF. As a result, you must comprehend why you utilize pdf format in your daily activities. Here are a few reasons.
As already said, pdf is the most widely used file format in today’s hectic world. You cannot dismiss its significance by failing to use it because this is the world’s most secured data type. Using a passcode, you may gain access to your documents. Furthermore, any unlawful alteration or usage may be readily prevented by adopting this format.
Another significant advantage of utilizing pdf is that it can reduce any file type to a smaller size without sacrificing quality. It works well with all operating systems, including Windows and Mac, and mobile devices running Android or iOS.
You now know how to convert any word document into a fillable PDF. The PDF is the most widely used file format in today’s hectic world. You cannot dismiss its significance by failing to use it since this is the world’s safest file format. Using a password, you may gain access to your documents. I hope the techniques mentioned above will help you convert word to a fillable PDF document.
Author: Raymond Lei
A tech editor for Starzsoft.com offering professional how-to articles for Windows, Android and Apple users.View all posts by Raymond Lei
What is the easiest program to make a fillable PDF? ›
Adobe Acrobat allows users to turn their old forms and paper documents into digital, fillable PDFs with ease. Whether it is a simple Word or Excel form, this program will let you make it smarter with digital fields. It automatically recognizes static form fields and makes them fillable.How do I convert a Word document to a fillable form? ›
- Enable Developer Tab. Open Microsoft Word, then go to the File Tab > Options > Customize Ribbon > check the Developer Tab in the right column > Click OK.
- Insert a Control. ...
- Edit Filler Text. ...
- Design Mode button again to exit the mode.
- Customize Content Controls.
- Via your web browser, navigate to the JotForm website.
- Create a unique account or sign in with your existing Google or Facebook account.
- Once signed in, choose “Blank Form” to get started.
- Select “Add Form Elements.”
- You can now select the fillable fields you want in your PDF.
- Open Acrobat: Click on the “Tools” tab and select “Prepare Form.”
- Select a file or scan a document: Acrobat will automatically analyze your document and add form fields.
- Add new form fields: Use the top toolbar and adjust the layout using tools in the right pane.
- Save your fillable PDF:
Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is the best app to create fillable forms and consists of three main functions, Acrobat DC, Adobe Document Cloud, and Acrobat Reader.How do I create a fillable PDF from Excel? ›
Head to Create PDF, navigate and select the Excel file, click on Create. Now the Excel file is opened as PDF in Acrobat, head to More Tools on the right panel. Select Forms & Signatures>Prepare Form. Hit Start.How do I make a fillable PDF online for free? ›
- Open Jotform. Create a free Jotform account and build your fillable PDF form from scratch — or upload an existing PDF form to convert it into a fillable PDF in a single click.
- Customize your forms. ...
- Automate email responses. ...
- Download and share.
- Open your PDF file in Acrobat Pro.
- Click the Edit PDF tool on the right-hand panel. ...
- Use editing tools to add new text, edit text, or update fonts using selections from the Format drop-down list.
- Move, add, replace, or resize images using the tools in the Objects list.
In Adobe Acrobat you can make a PDF fillable form from scratch, convert PDF files from a Microsoft Word document, or even upload a smartphone image or a scanned paper document.Is there a free way to create a fillable PDF? ›
- PDFEescape. PDFescape is an online form creator free that allows users to create PDF forms for free. ...
- JotForm. JotForm is another online form creator for free that makes it easy for you to create fillable PDF forms for free. ...
- DocHub. ...
- Platoforms. ...
How do I make a fillable PDF from scratch? ›
- In Acrobat, choose Tools > Prepare Form.
- Choose Create New, and click Start. ...
- Click Add Text in the toolbar, and type wherever you want to add text or any other information in your form.
- ComPDFKit PDF SDK.
- ComPDFKit Conversion SDK.